You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2018-08-12 21:20:28

mk2000

Where does DeployStudio Runtime cache the last server address?

Hi,

Does anybody know where DeployStudio Runtime stores its last successful server address connection?
This is when it is installed by itself on a computer from the stand alone DeployStudioRuntime_v1.7.8.pkg
http://i.imgur.com/1WquxX7.png
(can't seem to display pics with the img tag)

I managed to ascertain that it does not store this information in the DeployStudio Runtime bundle itself or the user profile it is being run from.
I can create other accounts on the computer and when launching DeployStudio Runtime it will still show the last connected server address.

With the deprecation of Netboot on newer Apple hardware we are switching to just running DeployStudio Runtime from the computers we want to run workflows on.
We had already moved away from imaging several years ago and were just using scripts and packages to make workflow modifications on top of the shipping factory OS. So simply running the DeployStudio Runtime app is fine with us.

However we want to make things a bit easier for the people in the field by pre-populating the server address field. This is why I am trying to find where it is storing this information.

I tried tracking this information down by using the log command to provide all log stream process information:
sudo log stream --level debug --process "DeployStudio Runtime" >> ~/Desktop/deploystudio.log

and I also tried using fs_usage as well:
sudo fs_usage -w -f filesys "DeployStudio Runtime"

However, neither could seemingly provide me with the pref file storing the server address field (or maybe I am reading over something from all the output).

#2 2018-08-12 23:57:04

mk2000

Re: Where does DeployStudio Runtime cache the last server address?

So I'm still interested in where this server information is being cached but I found an alternative solution by decompiling the MainMenu.nib into an .xib file and then editing the interface for the server address drop down menu with Xcode to have a hard coded address for our server. I then re-saved into an .nib and placed back into the bundle.

Board footer