You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2017-04-19 13:57:42

jwillis44

DSR 1.7.6 with MacOS 10.12.4 Multicast Kills DS Server

Having a new issue after upgrading my DS Server to 10.12.4. I've updated my image no problems deploying unicast but if I use a multicast workflow, at the point where the server should start the multicast stream, DeployStudio takes a crap. Grey status in preference pane, can't restart via on off switch. If I restart the server the services starts up and runs again fine until the next attempt at multicast. If I manually start the multicast stream before I start the clients off it seems to work. Also once the multicast has failed and the above crash thing happens, I can no longer manually start a multicast using that image. I get the unsupported filetype or to many streams error. Nothing looks off in the logs. But I'll grab them next time I run the thing. Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions?

Update:
I've managed to get DSR running more consistently. It seems my image was corrupt, when I tried to manually start the multicast with when I was getting the unsupported file type error that should have been a hint.
I can get Multicast to work from time to time, It almost allways fails when the first client joins the stream, massive packet errors and failure immediately. If I choose the same workflow again, it usually will complete the multicast deployment. also if others join after that first one starts they seem to have pretty good luck finishing. I'm having the best luck using a netboot set made from a 10.11 machine.

Joe

Last edited by jwillis44 (2017-04-24 17:27:01)

#2 2017-06-07 20:04:47

PatMullen

Re: DSR 1.7.6 with MacOS 10.12.4 Multicast Kills DS Server

I am having jwillis44's original problem, butI'm not getting the unsupported filetype error. Once the multicast fails DS server is unresponsive. The following entry repeats about every 30 seconds in system.log until I restart the server:

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.deploystudio.server): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

Testing with macOS 10.12.5 and DS 1.7.6. Created a 10.12.5 NetBooter using DS Assistant on the server. Serving NetBooter over NFS (HTML didn't work either and was glacial and inconsistent in booting the client).
Can't find any other DS log besides the one in the DS directory. That one ends saying the firmware is ok and that it is Running autostarted workflow...

Help!

Board footer