You are not logged in.

Announcement

[2017.09.08] DeployStudio build v1.7.8 (checksum, release note).
[2016.08.26] DeployStudio build v1.6.19 (release note).
[2013.02.23] DeployStudio last universal build v1.5.17 (release note).

#1 2013-10-11 17:48:17

jelockwood

Location of (internal) RunTime deploystudio scripts

DeployStudio can run your own personal scripts as part of a workflow and these are kept in the Scripts folder in the DeployStudio repository and a handful of examples are provided. These are easy to find (as intended).

However DeployStudio uses itself a number of other scripts as part of its imaging process for example ds_open_directory_binding.sh these are much harder to find and even then it is not certain which is the proper one. I did find a copy in the following location

/Applications/Utilities/DeployStudio Admin.app/Contents/Frameworks/DSCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Tools/Common/ds_open_directory_binding.sh

and also in the Runtime NetBoot image itself at

/Volumes/Applications/Utilities/DeployStudio Admin.app/Contents/Frameworks/DSCore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Tools/Common/ds_open_directory_binding.sh

Which of these (or some other copy) would be the ones to modify if desired? In my case like a number of other people who have previously posted in these forums I want to add an automated step to add a newly imaged computer to a Computer Group (stored in Open Directory and Workgroup Manager). See http://deploystudio.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?id=2386

The above thread implies this capability is supposed to have been added to DeployStudio but I get the impression that in reality it has not.

#2 2013-10-14 22:34:04

Meat

Re: Location of (internal) RunTime deploystudio scripts

If your targets are netbooted, then the one that resides in the netboot image is the one to access, since netbooted clients will only see what is going on in there.

If you are using an external boot volume to image locally, then it would be the first directory you listed.

That is my understanding anyway...

Board footer